MLTC Doubles Play
As per the latest LTA guidelines, doubles is now permitted with people not in your household. Please see the latest LTA guidelines for full details:
If you are playing singles, please book only one hour. If you are playing doubles, you may book 1.5 hours but you will need a second member to book the extra half hour. Please be considerate of other members and do not leave stranded 30 minute slots when booking.
There will still be no club sessions or team practises. Everyone must book before coming to play.
Social distancing is still required, as is good hygiene of cleaning hands.
Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required)
The clubhouse will remain closed.
The coaching team will review the guidelines and inform members of their plans going forward.
The latest government advice can be found at:
Enjoy your restricted play tennis. We hope to be back to our full range of activities soon.
On behalf of the Committee
MLTC Rules for Restricted Play
The rules to be followed from 1st June are as follows:
- 1 hour only is allowed for singles play.
- 1.5 hours can be booked for doubles but a second member will need to book the extra half hour. Do not leave stranded 30 minute slots when booking.
- Only pre-arranged play on a court already booked is allowed (please do not go to the club without arranging first).
- No group sessions or organised activities (club night, match practise, club mornings etc.) are allowed.
- The clubhouse will continue to be closed (no access to toilets or to the floodlights) and all chairs and equipment will be removed from the courts.
- Please practice social distancing at all times.
- Please bring soap to use the outside taps by Court 1 to wash your hands or bring hand sanitiser.
- Artificial clay courts should not be swept – they will be swept daily by the coaches.
In this continuing difficult situation, we absolutely expect everyone to help all members and coaches to stay safe. However, if the rules are abused by any members then the committee will have to take action (in extreme cases removing key fob access to the club, membership and if necessary to re-close the club).