Club nights are an opportunity for members to play doubles with a wide variety of other members in a friendly and supportive environment.
To help the evening run smoothly and to ensure fairness, we have slightly adapted the club night rules to make sure that it is not a free for all.
- Members arriving at club night, or coming off court, must clearly write their names on the whiteboard outside the clubhouse door.
- You MUST come off court when your set finishes to see if there are others waiting on the list.
- Club nights are for mixing in so no pre-arranged fours or singles (excluding summer tournament matches) are to be played. Singles may only be played if there are spare courts and there is only one member waiting to play. As soon as there are two members waiting a four must be formed.
- When a court becomes free the person at the top of the list can choose any three other players from the next seven players on the list – the decision is completely up to them.
- Note that it is not the top four who go out to play, it is the player at the top of the list who makes the choice.
- When these four players go on to play, they erase their names from the whiteboard.
- These rules apply from 6pm-9pm on these evenings.
To help this process run smoothly Clive Hogan is looking for FOUR social tennis ambassadors for these evenings – 2 women and 2 men. If you would be interested in helping please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lastly, if any member experiences any problems or unfriendliness at the club at any time please let either Clive or Karen the club administrator (email@example.com) know.