Club Championships 2020
To enable a MLTC Club Championships to take place in 2020 whilst adhering to the government and LTA’s guidelines for playing tennis the following rules for the 2020 Club Championships will be in place:
- Players can compete in a maximum of two events
- New balls to be used for each match – two marked with player 1 initials and two marked with player 2 initials. This is so that each player only touches their own during serving.
- There will be new wooden net measurers on every court in the next week or so. Please bring a glove and sanitiser to use before and after using the net winder.
- Maintain social distancing and do not shake hands or bump elbows.
- The draw – will be on display in the clubhouse window with clear play-by dates. On completing a match you need to email the tournament organiser the score. Draw will be updated regularly and will be emailed to players weekly as well as available on the LTA Tournament Software.
- We will be starting the tournament w/c 22nd June with an aim to complete by end of September 2020.
- There will not be a finals day.
Events & Scoring Formats
Adults (both women and men) – all singles:
- Open – two tie-break sets and a match tie-break at 1 set all (if sufficient entries there will be tableau events).
- Handicap – one pro set to 8 games, must be two games clear, eg 9-7, 10-8 etc.
- Vets – two tie-break sets and a match tie-break at 1 set all:
- Women – 40+ and 50+ events will run
- Men – 45+ and 55+ events will run
Juniors (both boys and girls, mixed for 10U) – all singles:
- 10&U – run as a green ball event, FAST4 rules
- 14&U – two tie-break sets and a match tie-break at 1 set all
- 18&U – two tie-break sets and a match tie-break at 1 set all